Friday, March 27, 2009

Fake Cops and Real Detectives


Watching the news today, there was a report about a murder in Sherman Oaks, California. Then a detective came on to read a statement. Fair enough. Except, the detective in question wore a fedora as if he had stepped right out of the fifties. And the murder in question? Perpetrated by 3 guys posing as cops.

Ironic that the real detective reporting on fake cops looked every bit the fake cop himself. Or mafia hoodlum. I mean, he looks snazzy and hip but if he came to my door, I wouldn't buy him as a detective for a second! He's trying too hard. If I went in to an audition as a detective, wearing a hat like that, the casting director would shout "Next!". Or maybe he'd just comment "Nice hat" and then giggle to himself.

But what do I know? I'm the guy who wore a bathrobe to look like an Angel. Hahaha...

2 comments:

  1. Well..there you have it. He should have worn a bathrobe to the press conference! ha ha ha

    So how do we know that he isn't the murderer??

    Sure hope he wore brown shoes with that outfit!
    *wink

    ReplyDelete
  2. The bathrobe. XD Priceless.

    That detective... I would peg him for a mob boss if he didn't have the hat. $500 suit and a bunch of "power." o.0 He came to my door as he is there. I'd laugh my ass off then shut the door. I agree with Magicians Owl: Hope he wore brown boots with that outfit. ;)

    ReplyDelete