Monday, September 15, 2008

Greetings from Jersey


I spent the actual moment of my birthday - the stroke of midnight on the 12th - on the New York subway, travelling from the airport to my hotel. Only long enough to dump the bag and walk with buddy Ron towards Ground Zero, where 2 enormous beams of light cut paths into the night sky. An eery memorial to what were once the twin towers.

Ron and I were in town for the release of Greetings from the Shore, a film we both were in. Later that day in driving rain, we struggled out of the city to New Jersey and hopped between movie theatres to do poster signings. In the photo, from left to right is Ron Geren, Lars Arentz-Hansen, me and star Kim Shaw. Only Kim is on the poster and I would occasionally have to admit not being the guy on the left, while Lars had some young kids say that he'd lost a bit of weight since the poster shoot (thinking he was the guy on the right!) Sorry, but Paul Sorvino was not at the table that night.

It was good to see the old crowd again. Indeed, we hadn't all been together since the filming, and it was good to catch up with director Greg Chwerchak and writer/producer Gabrielle Berberich.

"Greetings" is showing in the East coast for the rest of the week. Check it out if you get the chance. It's a great little coming-of-age indie and the lead, Kim Shaw, in her first movie role, is definitely one to look out for.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Gideon,

    Ground Zero must have felt very strange to be at, especially at this time of the year.

    On a happier note: I wish you a belated Happy Birthday. It's like I always say: "September babies RULE!!" :-D

    I'm going to see if I can find "Greetings from the Shore" playing here in Toronto somewhere.

    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Steph. Ground Zero must feel strange around this time of year.

    Anyway, Happy belated Birthday Gid! I had tried to come on on the 12th but my Ethernet cable was malfunctioning. I ended up making another video as a present too. >.<
    With that being said, I hope it does not disappoint you. :( It is one of the only things I can do right these days.

    I wish I could see "Greetings from the Shore" but, alas, living back here in L.A. puts me in quite the disposition. I could try and get it from a friend though. *mischievous smile* The movie really does sound interesting to me. :(

    ReplyDelete