Saturday, May 5, 2007

Revelation

Thanks for the comments on my last post! Great to know you're out there!

It's been a little quiet, so I thought I'd be productive. I stumbled across a challenge on scifi.com, to come up with your own mini episode of Battlestar Gallactica. Basically you have a max of 4 min to showcase your creative effort, which can be enhanced with actual sound and video clips from the show. When you're done, upload it and, if approved, they post it online. Best part is, producer David Eick will choose one entry to be aired during an episode of the show!

So I turned off the computer and wrote a piece. Buddy Phil Miller lit and shot it for me, and talented actors James Babson and Ana Alexander jumped on board. We filmed in an oil change bay, essentially, which could have been deep inside Gallactica, for all anyone knows. I think it turned out pretty well. Lemme know what you think. The premise is deliberately absurd, but the goal was to treat it seriously. I can't post the vid here or anywhere else for that matter, as the rules stipulate that all entries exclusively belong to scifi. However, I can give you the link to where it will (hopefully) appear.

This will take you to the sci-fi Battlestar Gallactica page. The videos appear as thumbnails. Look out for our one called REVELATION. If you like it, please post a comment on the site. You could help us get on the air!

Thanks again and have a great weekend! Gid.

No comments:

Post a Comment