Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Akaroa and Bolo


It may only have been one cinema, but Akaroa finally hit the big screen. Kelsey Johnson's short film screened at the LA Shorts Fest in Hollywood this past week. Great to see it at the Arclight and, being shot on 16mm, it translated well to the size. This snap is of Jerry Angelo as Eric and Morann Peri as Efrat. No I'm not in the picture. Yes it is a kitchen.

I play dodgy a-hole, Vince, who is a bit of a d*ck, but still gets the girl - much to Eric's chagrin. That is also the first time I have ever used the word "chagrin". Make that the second. Akaroa can also be seen later this month at the Route 66 Film Festival in Springfield, Illinois, famous for the Simpsons. Or at least famous for sharing the name with Bart's home town.

And yes- I am struggling for topics these days. At least I haven't bored you with last night's dream of Bolo "Enter the Dragon" Yeung.

That is, until now...

In the dream, he walked down the aisle of some rudimentary theatre and I stood up and shouted "Bolo! Bolo!" But no-one joined in. Clearly these people were not martial arts buffs. Nor were they akin to magic shows, as no-one saw the nifty switcheroo, as Bolo (in a grey wig), changed places with a guy who had real grey hair. (Everyone still thought it was Bolo, you see!)

I don't know why they did the switch (after Bolo had hoisted several children on each arm). Nor do I know why Bolo was in my dream. Hoisting children and wearing a toupe. I really haven't thought of Bolo in years.

But when I do, it's always with fondness...

No comments:

Post a Comment